The cleaning department’s primary communication hub is the housekeeping control desk. The department’s central hub for information gathering and message distribution to housekeeping and other parts of the hotel. Ensuring seamless coordination between cleaning and other departments is one of the control desk’s primary duties.
House Keeping Desk Attendant – Ramada Hotel & Suites Amwaj Islands
Full Job Description
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a House Keeping Desk Attendant to join our team at Ramada Hotel & Suites Amwaj Islands, Bahrain
The housekeeping control desk is the main communication Centre of the housekeeping department. You are responsible for All information sent out and received from the control desk. You should have good telephone etiquette. Keep the notice Board up to date with the relevant information. As a desk control assistant, you should maintain complete and up-to-date information on every departmental section
Comes under housekeeping. Experience as Housekeeping Desk Coordinator or Housekeeping Order Taker.
- Good knowledge of handling guest requests.
- Good knowledge of Housekeeping operations.
- Responsible for Departmental keys and guest room master cards.
- Responsible for all calls coming to the Desk and conveying the right message to the right person.
- Maintaining records related to day-to-day operations of Housekeeping.
- Follow up with concerned departments in case of guest requests/ complaints.
- Updating the Housekeeping data board with information like VIP in-house, Today’s occupancy Percentage, arrivals,
- Departures, to-do list, rooms for super cleaning etc.
- Good understanding of property management soft wares (Egg: Opera, PMS, Fidelio etc.)
- Allocate work for each staff according to the point system/workload for the day.
- Should have good telephone etiquette.
- Make the relevant room status changes on the software as per the instruction given by floor supervisors.
- Prepare the room discrepancy list for the Front office.
- Prepare the VIP amenities list.
- Prepare the Min BAR consumption list.
- Post mini bar and laundry charges to the respective guest folios.
- Prepare monthly sales reports for Minibar, Laundry, dry cleaning and any other miscellaneous sales.
- Prepare the missing/broken item register.
- Handle the lost and found procedures and all enquiries.
- Maintaining the “I need it now” cupboard.
- Changing the room status from Vacant dirty to vacant clean and changing the room status as per requirement.
- Coordinate with Engineering / Maintenance department for room maintenance issues.
- Coordinate with the Front office department.
- Should have complete information related to all the rooms in the hotel
- Should have information of every staff, And where they are allotted for the work. E.g. Staff allocated for Floor 1,
- Public area, poolside, SPA etc.
- Give proper handover to the next shift and mention all responsibilities in detail to the next shift staff before leaving.
- Assist Housekeeper and Asst. housekeeper for preparing the monthly report and budgets.
Education & Experience
Diploma or equivalent and
Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
What we expect from you:
You will play an important part in our mission to make hotel travel possible for all by:
- Being responsive, respectful and delivering great experiences to our guests, partners and communities.
- Foster an inclusive environment where individuals feel empowered to bring their authentic selves to work and share their diverse perspectives.
- Bring your best every day and strive to exceed expectations in all you do.
What you can expect from us:
With Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, you can expect a fulfilling career to include:
- Growth opportunities through best-in-class training and career development, leadership training, mentorship opportunities and educational support.
- Competitive salary and benefits, flexible work arrangements and exclusive team member discounts.
- Team member benefit programs that focus on nutrition, exercise, lifestyle management, physical and emotional wellness, financial health, and the quality of the environment in which all team members work and live.
- Company culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our culture infuses different perspectives that reflect our diverse guests and communities around the world.
About Wyndham Hotels & Resorts:
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveller. Every day, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. With more hotels than anyone else across the globe, we offer the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world. So wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.
Manner and eligibility needed
- a polite telephone manner
- a high calibre of labour and meticulousness
- Ability to carry out tasks with accuracy, rapidity, and attention to detail.
- Follow through, civility, cooperation, and ability to work independently.
- Ability to operate both independently and in a group Respect for visitors’ privacy
- and a courteous and accommodating approach to dealing with visitors.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working independently.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English (talk, read, and write) with clients, colleagues, and management.
- Punctuality and dependable attendance regularly.
- Integrity and sincerity
Work to be done
- Ensures that the appropriate message is delivered to the appropriate person and is in charge of all calls directed to the Desk. Following proper telephone etiquette, all calls should be given top attention and answered quickly within three rings.
- Messages from visitors, such as requests for washing, ironing, or boards, should be received and forwarded to the relevant floor supervisor for further action.
- Keep track of all calls from guests, including maintenance requests, requests, special instructions, etc. This will make it easier to keep track of when the activity was completed and for how long.
- In the event of visitor requests or complaints, follow up with the relevant departments.
- Keep track of pre-registered guests’ arrivals concerning their profile/VIP status, timing, number of people, and any specific requests.
- Get details about the expected and current crews in the home from the front office. For the rooms to be ready for the new crew’s arrival after the departure of the current staff in a very short amount of time.
- The front desk provides the departure room numbers, which are then forwarded to the proper floor supervisor.
- Obtain information about the rooms that are clean and ready for sale from the floor supervisor, and then, following their instructions, alter the relevant room statuses on the programme.
- keeping records about housekeeping’s daily tasks.
- updating the housekeeping data board with statistics on VIP in-house, today’s occupancy percentage, arrivals, departures, to-do lists, and rooms that need to be thoroughly cleaned, among other things.
- Create a list of room inconsistencies for the front office.
- Make a list of the VIP amenities.
- Conduct all inquiries and lost and found procedures.
- keeping up the “I need it now” cabinet.
- For room maintenance issues, work with the engineering and maintenance departments.
- should have comprehensive information about each hotel room.
- Should always be aware of the locations assigned to each employee for their task. For instance, level 2 public area or staff assigned.
- Give the next shift a full handover and go through all of their tasks in detail.
Safety Tips: Never pay anyone for job application, test or interview. A genuine employer will never ask you for the payment in anycase.
Disclaimer & TOS: gulfjobcentral.com is an exclusive platform that ought to help jobseekers. We restrict any endorsement that demand for money and strictly advice against sharing personal or bank related information. If you notice deception or fraudulent, send us an email »