Serving customers at the counters where baked goods are sold is the primary responsibility of bakery assistants. They provide assistance to bakers and pastry chefs. Their duties include introducing themselves to customers, offering assistance and guidance, taking orders, and packaging baked goods. They might also be expected to ensure that items that are displayed are constantly replenished with new stock.
The assistant bakery manager serves as the manager of the bakery’s right-hand man or woman. They assist with day-to-day operations, such as managing staff and supervising production, among other responsibilities.
It is possible for assistant bakery managers to be responsible for various tasks, including marketing efforts, developing new products, creating a budget, and other activities that contribute to the overall success of the bakery.
● ensuring that baked goods are manufactured in accordance with prescribed recipes and standards set by higher-ups in the organization.
● Conducting performance evaluations of employees to determine whether or not they are meeting expectations and whether or not they require additional training.
● Maintaining contact with customers in order to provide responses to questions regarding products or deals.
● Training new employees on safety precautions as well as other job requirements, such as sanitation procedures and food handling.
● Keeping in contact with suppliers regarding any changes in pricing or concerns regarding product availability.
● Making certain that all food products comply with legal requirements regarding their labeling, packaging, and weight.
● Maintaining a watchful eye on the store’s supply of ingredients and other goods to make certain that there is an adequate amount of everything in stock.
● Performs tasks such as mixing, kneading, or shaping dough to produce baked goods such as bread, rolls, muffins, or biscuits.
● Portion the dough out into equal-sized pieces.
● Have a graduate degree or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
● At least two years’ worth of prior baking experience is required.
● Maintains a valid SERVSAFE certification or has recently finished and passed a sanitation training program within the past year.
● Preferred qualifications include an associate’s degree in food preparation for hotels or other institutions.
● Card for safely handling food and any additional certifications that are required by federal, state, or local law.
● standard foodservice equipment requires demonstrated knowledge and skill in order to be operated in a manner that is both safe and effective.
● Capability to arrive at excellent decisions.
● Excellent communication skills.
● Must possess a high level of self-motivation and energy with Multi-tasking abilities.
● Should be skilled in planning, problem-solving, and working in a team.
The national average salary for a Bakery Assistant is ₹22,860 in India. Filter by location to see Bakery Assistant salaries in your area. Salary estimates are based on 2 salaries submitted anonymously to Glassdoor by Bakery Assistant employees.