A worker in the service industry who is responsible for ensuring that the working environment is always clean and sanitary is referred to as a Cleaner. They are responsible for a variety of tasks, such as sweeping the floors, sweeping the dust off of furniture, and mopping the floors. In addition to this, they ensure that the restrooms and common areas are always clean by conducting routine inspections daily at predetermined times. A cleaner plays an important role because he is just a necessity in the office, and if the workplace is a place where there is maximum public dealing, then a cleaner is the person without whom the workplace can’t be maintained.
● Responsible for all routine cleaning tasks inside and outside of residential or commercial buildings.
● Keeping the rooms and floors clean. Including picking up larger objects from the floor, dust mopping, damp mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, and spot cleaning glass and windows. Also includes dusting.
● Performs cleaning tasks in restrooms, such as restocking dispensers, emptying trash, cleaning and sanitizing fixtures, cleaning mirrors, spot cleaning partition doors and walls, sweeping and mopping tile floors, and cleaning toilets and urinals.
● It also involves emptying the trash and replacing the liners.
● Ensures that cleaning supplies and equipment are stocked, and then sets them up and maintains them.
● Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the areas they are responsible for monitoring.
● Restocks areas with clean linens and transports dirty linens to the appropriate location where they can be cleaned.
● Assists other departments when it is required to ensure the highest possible level of service to guests.
● Carries out additional responsibilities as required.
● Ensure that supply rooms are stocked and maintained.
● A cooperative effort with the rest of the staff is required.
● Observe all of the health and safety regulations.
● Carry out difficult cleaning responsibilities as well as special projects.
● Inform management of any problems that have arisen or of the need for repairs.
● Must be of age over 18 years.
● A track record of success in the cleaning industry.
● The capability of operating cumbersome machinery and equipment.
● Acquaintance with various chemicals and supplies for cleaning.
● Diploma of secondary education, General Educational Development (GED), or equivalent
● Having excellent organizational skills is an absolute requirement.
● the capacity for self-motivation as well as the ability to recognize and complete required tasks in the absence of direct supervision
● Handle heavy equipment.
● Capability of standing, walking, bending, pushing, pulling, and regularly lifting while on the job.
● Ability to work in different shifts.
● Ability to work under different temperatures degrees.
● The physical strength of standing and working for 5-6 hours.
The average salary is 5,000 – 15,000 rs per month, depending upon the working hours.