A gardener primarily works to take care of the garden. They are responsible for a variety of tasks, including ensuring that all plants and green areas are healthy, providing adequate water and nutrients to plants, pruning trees and shrubs, fertilizing and cutting the grass lawns, weeding gardens, and ensuring that green areas and walkways are free of debris and litter.
Gardeners are the professionals who are in charge of establishing, designing, maintaining and managing gardens, parks, and other outside green areas.
Everyday responsibilities include trimming bushes, shrubs, and hedges, mowing and cutting grass and lawns, tending to plants and flowers, maintaining irrigation systems, and doing various other duties related to grounds management.
The goal of a gardener is to supply the plants with the correct seasonal care that they require in order to maintain their health and vitality. In order to accomplish this, gardeners need to be familiar with the processes of plant reproduction, transplantation, and cultivation (e.g., for lawns, hedges, shrubs and ornamental plants). In addition, they should be able to identify common plant diseases, parasites, and pests and implement the proper preventative and curative treatments, including the utilisation of machinery, synthetic or natural substances, as needed.
● Utilization of various synthetic and natural herbicides, insecticides, and fertilizers.
● Soil management activities.
● Planting, cultivating and increasing the number of plants, trees, and bushes through propagation.
● Providing plant material for public parks, private gardens, and other green areas.
● Designing and creating gardens.
● Growing edible plants such as fruits and vegetables.
● Cutting down trees, mowing grass, trimming shrubs, and pruning.
● Upkeep open areas with vegetation.
● Scrubbing and pulling weeds.
● Management of irrigation systems and irrigation systems themselves.
● The ability to employ professional-grade equipment for mowing, trimming, and pruning.
● Strong manual skills
● Accuracy and careful attention to the particulars.
● Interpersonal abilities and the capacity to operate effectively within a group setting are required.
● Wellness and effective physical training.
● Flexibility with the work.
● Familiarity with various gardening practices.
● Familiarity with the procedures for tending to plants and flowers.
The average salary for a gardener is ₹10,000- 12,000 per month in India.