Housekeeper, from the word, we can include someone who is keeping the house, taking all its responsibilities effectively. Employing a housekeeper gives your home a more steady sense of routine and organization. Depending on your requirements, they would be there anywhere from once to twice a week or even more frequently if necessary. While working in your home, a housekeeper will carry out a predetermined daily or weekly chores schedule, and you will be responsible for supplying them with the necessary cleaning supplies.
Housekeepers are responsible for a wide range of cleaning duties, including but not limited to: emptying trash cans, vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, mopping floors, washing dishes, and cleaning toilets. They might have to use steam sterilizers or disinfectants. They would also adhere to applicable cleanliness regulations if employed in a medical facility. They may have to carry items like linens, towels, cleaning supplies, and trash as well as move furniture and equipment to make room for cleaning.
Depending on the location of their place of employment, they may also be required to replace any stained bed linens with fresh ones and change any used bed sheets. They would be responsible for removing any used towels from the bathroom and replacing them with clean towels, and removing any used towels.
● Maintaining a clean environment throughout the facilities and common areas.
● Vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping floors.
● Keeping the restrooms clean and stocked with supplies.
● Using the appropriate equipment, clean up the spill.
● Notifying managers of repairs that need to be done.
● Garbage collection and disposal are being performed.
● Report to the Supervisor anything that seems unsafe, illegal, or strange.
● Interacts with guests and other team members professionally, has a good attitude, communicates well, and helps guests by answering questions about hotel facilities and giving information about on-base and nearby attractions.
● Communicates with the front desk about lost and found items by making a note of all the important information to help the guest get the item back.
● Keeps track of the assigned key and tells the supervisor right away if there are any problems.
● Capability to effectively manage your time and tasks.
● Perform well when left unsupervised.
● Capability of lifting a minimum of 6-7 kg.
● Perform routine cleaning and maintenance duties.
● A diploma from high school is required.
● Capability to present oneself in a professional manner and engage in upbeat conversation with hotel guests.
● should be a hard worker.
The average housekeeping salary in Canada is $30,907 per year or $15.85 per hour. Entry-level positions start at $27,300 per year, while most experienced workers make up to $41,980 per year.
This is the average yearly salary, including housing, transport, and other benefits. Salaries vary drastically between different Cleaning and Housekeeping careers. If you are interested in the Salary of a particular job, see below for salaries for specific job titles.