Mechanics perform various visual and diagnostic tests and test drives and use multiple additional techniques to repair, fix, and rectify vehicle faults. A mechanic’s job is basic maintenance tasks such as changing the oil, rotating the tires, performing structural work, and repairing damage caused by automobile accidents. They are required to speak with customers about the performance and history of their autos, inspect the mechanical components, and produce estimates for the cost of repairs. The mechanic will develop timetables for the repair work and will talk with the consumers about their available options. They need to have an understanding of mechanics and be skilled in the use of diagnostic tools, hand tools, and any other essential tools and machinery. Auto repair shops, service centers, and other auto body shops are familiar places for mechanics to find employment.
Overall their work entails disassembling and removing various components, including engine assemblies, transmission systems, steering mechanisms, and other parts. Repairing and replacing components that have become damaged or worn out.
In addition to that, it involves assembling and installing various mechanical components. Keeping up with regularly scheduled maintenance, including engine tune-ups, lubrication, and oil changes.
● Checking the vehicle to determine whether or not repairs are required, as well as the amount of urgency that must be met.
● Providing people with an idea of the time needed to do the work.
● Carrying out checks on the vehicles to validate the accuracy of the repairs. A driving test can be required for this procedure.
● Putting autos through their annual MOT tests.
● Performing routine maintenance on motor vehicles.
● Working with databases of car accessories and placing orders for items.
● Bringing vehicle maintenance records up to date.
● Keeping work logs, repair, and maintenance records updated and organized.
● Proven experience as a mechanic is a plus.
● Have a high school degree or anything equivalent to it.
● Basic maths knowledge.
● Flexible in working in different shifts and at different temperatures.
● Competence in the use of a variety of hand tools (such as screwdrivers, hammers, and so on), as well as precise measuring tools (e.g., calipers)
● Capability to read and follow instructions, plans, and other relevant documents.
● Powerful organizational abilities and a high concentration level are required for this job.
● A meticulous disposition combined with exceptional attention to detail.
● a sincere interest in automobiles and motorcycles.
● The ability to work within strict time constraints.
● A level of physical fitness that is acceptable.
● The capacity to work independently and collaboratively, with or without direct supervision.
● Excellent people skills and communication abilities for working with coworkers and clients.
The average salary is ₹1.2 lakh per annum. The more experience you have, the more money you make, and you can potentially make even more if you become a specialist in your field.