A professional salesperson who is accomplished in the art of persuasion is referred to as a salesman or saleswoman. They give the customer special attention to fulfilling the customers’ requirements for making purchases in a manner that is both courteous and knowledgeable. This professional does a lot more than just try to sell the products that customers buy; in addition, they have a keen understanding of the requirements and preferences of her customers.
The most valuable workers in a company because they are frequently solely accountable for generating the company’s revenue. The majority of a salesperson’s income in many fields comes from commission, which is calculated as a percentage of the amount of product or service that they sell.
They are responsible for explaining the product to prospective buyers and highlighting the many advantages of purchasing the item in question.
Members of corporate sales teams occasionally give demonstrations of the functionality of a product.
Strong verbal and written communication abilities are required for a position on a corporate sales team. They need to have a professional demeanor, be well organized, have a strong drive, be full of energy, and be able to work well independently and in a team setting. Additionally, they need to have a high level of resilience, as even the most successful salesperson will experience rejection regularly. However, perhaps the most essential quality for a corporate salesperson is expertise in, and even enthusiasm for, the product or service they are trying to sell.
● Check with other branches to see if they have the item in stock, or place an order for the customer if they need it.
● It is essential to provide customers with information about the items they purchase.
● Put purchases on the register.
● Bring complaints to the attention of management.
● Maintain an accurate count of your stock.
● Greetings to the customers and welcome them with a nice smile.
● Assist customers in locating items they are looking for in the store.
● Excellent communication skills, both in terms of speaking and understanding the English language.
● Flexible work schedules.
● Skills in the fundamentals of mathematics.
● Prior experience working in the retail sector.
● Excellent skills in providing service to customers.
● Inspiration to continue working through hectic shifts.
● It would be beneficial to have a degree in either sales or marketing as well as commerce or a field closely related to sales.
● Know how to operate a computer. Have basic knowledge of data entry, ms word, etc.
The average salary is ₹1.6 lakh per annum. The Salary may increase depending on their work and company.