The act of keeping all raw materials, supplies, finished products, purchased items, and other store-related inventories in a secure location is known as “storekeeping.” Storekeepers are accountable for how materials are handled as well as for ensuring that there is no material degradation.
He is responsible for receiving the materials ordered by the purchasing department (if the system is decentralized) and properly supplied by the vendors by the procedure that has been established.
He must check that the materials obtained from the vendors are in the expected condition, quantity, quality, and specifications. He is responsible for properly stocking the materials that have been received from the various vendors so that they are easily accessible, identified, verified, handled, maintained, etc. To prevent any kind of damage or loss, he must make certain that adequate supplies are stocked by utilizing the most suitable care and preservation techniques. He is tasked with ensuring that the materials are issued to the issue department promptly and efficiently.
It is incumbent upon him to guarantee a problem-free distribution of materials to the distribution department. He is responsible for ensuring that an accurate accounting is kept of the received and issued materials.
It is up to him to keep the store’s employees happy and productive at all times. He is responsible for ensuring that appropriate safety measures are taken to protect the store’s building, the materials within the store, and the employees working in the store. It is up to him to make sure that the shop is kept in a presentable condition at all times and that it is kept up to date in every respect.
● Aiming to take delivery of the vendor-supplied goods as specified in the Purchase Department’s order.
● A complete inspection of the materials must be performed to ensure their quality, quantity, specification, condition, etc.
● To sort and store materials in the correct storage areas based on category.
● To do what needs to be done to ensure the materials’ continued well-being.
● Verify stock levels on a regular basis to make sure they’re accurate.
● Store buildings, stock, and warehouse employees all need to be protected from potential dangers.
● Keep the warehouse tidy and organized.
● Distributing goods to sections in accordance with requests.
● Distributing supplies to divisions in accordance with plans.
● To forward the invoices for the materials to the accounts payable team.
● Hold regular board hearings to condemn useless items.
● To take the necessary steps for discarding waste products.
● To ensure that all records are current.
● Create reports, and send them off to the appropriate authorities.
● To participate in an audit conducted by auditors.
● A graduate degree from a recognized university is required.
● Minimum of two to four years experience.
● Official transcript of an introductory computer science course.
● Possess a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
● Superb ability to express oneself verbally. Possessing a high level of English proficiency.
● Capable administrator with a strong track record of success.
● Possesses the temperament to stay upbeat despite constant stress at work.
Store Keeper salary in India ranges from ₹ 0.2 Lakhs to ₹ 5.4 Lakhs with an average annual salary of ₹ 2.4 Lakhs. Salary estimates are based on 10.4k salaries received from Store Keepers