Job Number 22195421
Job Category Engineering & Facilities
Location The Ritz-Carlton Doha, P.O. Box 23400, Doha, Qatar, Qatar VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Who or what exactly is a Carpenter?
Carpenters work in a variety of settings, including residential, commercial, and industrial, and are responsible for the construction, installation, and maintenance of a wide range of buildings and fixtures. Carpenters typically work with materials such as wood, steel, and concrete. Carpenters are frequently involved in other aspects of the construction industry as well, including the demolition and maintenance of various structures and fixtures. Building bridges and installing doors in office buildings are two examples of the variety of work that falls under this category.
The majority of carpenters learn their craft through an apprenticeship that typically lasts between three and four years and places an emphasis on foundational skills such as sawing, measuring, sketching, and interpreting blueprints. In addition to the more technical training, an emphasis is also placed on the training that pertains to safety. Carpenters need manual dexterity, an eye for detail, and the ability to swiftly address problems as they come up to be successful in their profession.
Build, install, and repair walls and partitions, including drywall, wallpaper, millwork/moulding, and faux finishing. Install and repair finishes, such as laminates. Perform rough-in framing for doors, frames, windows, and cabinetry. Repair, maintain, and construct wood structures such as partitions, doors, furniture, and similar items throughout the property. Perform miscellaneous minor repairs such as tightening loose toilet seats, changing light bulbs, and patching holes in walls. Order items, including filling out requisitions, obtaining manager approval, and using appropriate vendors. Load, transport, and unload freight from the elevator to the designated area, using a hand truck.
Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; and complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain the confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move up and down a ladder. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- To have a complete understanding of the requirements, read the blueprints, drawings, and sketches.
- Take the necessary measurements, then perform the calculations to determine the required size and quantity of the material.
- According to the measurements, cut, shape, and smooth the timber as well as any other material (such as fibreglass).
- Using either raw materials or pre-constructed items, construct building frames, window and door frames, and staircases. Also, construct buildings.
- Installing the flooring, roofing, or drywall in such a way that they are levelled and suitable is a prerequisite.
- Carve and build various pieces of furniture, cabinets, and shelves, and then install them in the appropriate locations.
- Conduct inspections and make any necessary maintenance or repairs.
- Constructing building structures such as scaffolding and other frameworks
Competencies and prerequisites
- Proven experience as a carpenter
- hands-on experience working with a variety of woodworking tools and supplies
- Excellent knowledge of carpentry practises, including installation and construction procedures.
- Skilled in the operation of manual and electrical apparatus, as well as measuring tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers etc.)
- The ability to interpret drawings and technical papers.
- readiness to comply with all of the established safety rules at all times
- Knowledgeable in both English and mathematics, including the fundamentals
- Strong physical condition and stamina are required.
- A high school diploma along with proof of successful completion of an apprenticeship programme in carpentry are both necessities.
Marriott International is an equal-opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At more than 100 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury services the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
What does a Carpenter do?
Carpenters are employed in a wide variety of construction settings, including indoor jobs such as hanging cupboards and fitting them with handles, as well as outdoor jobs such as erecting scaffolding around buildings before moving on to roofing duties. Some of the indoor jobs include:
What are the obligations and commitments that come with the job of a Carpenter?
Carpenters work on a wide variety of projects, from indoors to outdoors, constructing, repairing, and installing wooden building frameworks and structures. These projects can range from installing kitchen cabinets to building highways.
What are the characteristics of a good Carpenter?
A good carpenter will always maintain their honour and be forthright in their dealings. Their income is highly dependent on their reliability, which is measured not only by their ability to meet deadlines but also by the quality of the work they produce in a variety of environments.
Who are the people that a Carpenter collaborates with?
Carpenters frequently work alongside general labourers, who are responsible for completing tasks that are more routine or straightforward while carpenters focus on working on wood frameworks and other structures within the work zone.