To fill the position of our next guest services manager at our bustling hotel, we need a customer service specialist who is both energetic and attentive to detail. You will be in charge of supervising the front office employees as well as the operations of the property to guarantee that our guests have an enjoyable time while staying with us. Other tasks include the hiring and training of personnel, the resolution of issues or complaints from guests, and the increase in the hotel’s revenue through the improvement of occupancy rates through up-selling methods. The ideal applicant for this position has worked as a team leader for at least two years, especially in the hotel industry. Send in your application right away if you are prepared to take your professional life to the next level by taking on an exciting leadership role.
A guest services manager is responsible for attending to the requirements of guests, managing front-desk operations, and ensuring the highest possible level of customer satisfaction. Managers of guest services are responsible for evaluating the performance of their employees, developing strategies and services to boost productivity, and increasing revenue and profits. They are also responsible for handling complaints made by guests and, if necessary, replacing or refunding services. They are in charge of the inventory of necessary supplies as well as the safety and security of hotel amenities such as the pool, spa, gym, and valet services. In addition, they are responsible for maintaining the pool’s cleanliness. To successfully manage staff and operational responsibilities, a manager of guest services needs to be an excellent communicator and a strong leader.
Guest Relation Officer / Loyalty Supervisor – Wyndham Garden Manama – Bahrain
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Guest Relation Officer / Loyalty Supervisor, to join our team at Wyndham Garden in Manama, Bahrain.
The Guest Relation Officer / Loyalty Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Guest Services Manager and Assistant Guest Services Manager while providing attentive, courteous, and efficient service to all guests, before arrival and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field is required.
- College coursework in related fields is helpful.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license for the applicable state.
Flexible and long hours are sometimes required.
Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Ability to stand during the entire shift.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanour at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all levels of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel-required meetings and pieces training.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel-related areas.
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
- Monitor all VIP and special guest requests.
- Review Front Office log and Trace Files daily.
- Fully comprehend and operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Be aware of all rates, packages, and promotions currently underway as listed in the Red Book.
- Be familiar with all in-house groups.
- Be aware of all closed-out and restricted dates.
- Follow and enforce all Wyndham International hotel credit policies.
- Be able to complete and ensure that a proper bucket check, room rate verification report, and housekeeping report have been accurately done and filed.
- Maintain proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that all standards are met, if applicable.
- Establish and maintain good communication and teamwork with fellow employees and other departments within the hotel.
- Assist the G.S.M. in ensuring that employees are following and maintaining standards (i.e., answering phones, callbacks to guests, guest request log).
- Know of and assist in all emergency procedures as required.
- Oversee and ensure that all guests are checked in/out in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
- Be able to perform, complete and ensure that all tasks and duties on the shift checklist are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responsible for issuing house bank.
- Be able to perform all duties of a Guest Services Agent.
- Run room status reports on time and relay necessary information to affected departments and individuals.
- Monitor key control to maintain hotel security.
- Ensure the maximization of room revenue through Rooms Merchandising.
- Answer all guest inquiries in a timely and professional nature.
- Be involved in departmental meetings, planning and execution.
- Help maintain productivity levels at or above budgeted standards.
- Assist in the training and cross-training of new hires and current employees regularly.