We are searching for a Hostess to join our team and serve as our guests’ initial point of contact.
The duties of a hostess include meeting and greeting customers, delivering correct wait times, and leading clients to the dining and bar facilities. For this position, you must have strong organisational and people skills so that you can ensure that our visitors have a pleasant dining experience from the moment they arrive until the moment they leave. You should also be able to work in shifts when necessary.
In the end, you’ll help make sure that our guests have a nice eating experience and receive outstanding customer service.
We are looking for a young, energetic and enthusiastic Hostess who will start the engagement with the customers upon their entrance into our restaurant.
The ideal candidate must have engaging vibes and an attitude towards all types of customers
To welcome and warmly greet guests on arrival. To answer the telephone, take reservations and manage the efficient and timely seating of guests to a table that best serves their wishes. To ensure the Restaurant service is always of quality whilst preserving a level of guest privacy.
· To serve within the Restaurant Department and as such your typical duties will be as follows:
· Warmly and graciously greets all guests upon arrival.
· When possible, open the front door for guests entering or leaving the restaurant.
· When immediate seating is limited, record guest names and the number of people in the party. (See Sequence of Service for Details)
· Provide guests with estimated waiting time, always maintaining a professional, courteous attitude when confronted with hostile, impatient or irate guests.
· Accommodate special seating requests for guests whenever possible.
· Seat guests based on guest preferences and balancing of customer flow in service stations.
· Upon seating, offer guests a menu and inform them of their server’s name. Inspect the table for proper presentation and completeness.
· Relay messages to waiters and assistant waiters as needed.
· Clean menus of food and stains.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the manager on duty.
· Thanks to guests as they leave and invite them to return. Relay guest comments or suggestions to the manager on duty.
· Explain the restaurant concept to guests.
· To handle minor complaints professionally and courteously and to provide appropriate solutions.
· attend training sessions and courses and assist with the ‘on-the-job’ training of new staff, as required.
· Forward solutions and suggestions to eradicate complaints and other comments from guests to the Manager.
· To always display professional salesmanship and positive sales techniques.
· To read all relevant company literature, notices, and other correspondence and to regularly observe restaurant notice boards.
· To uphold good housekeeping practices, ensuring a safe, clean, tidy, and pleasant working environment.
· To ensure the proper care and security of guest items, Restaurant equipment, stock, furniture, and fixtures, reporting malfunction or theft to the Manager, immediately, and in the case of all maintenance issues, record it in the maintenance book, which is found in reception.
· To assist in keeping operating costs to a minimum by efficient and responsible use of resources such as electricity, water, linen, stationery, cleaning materials, China, glassware, silver, and other equipment.
· To comply with all company policies and procedures.
· To comply with statutory requirements regarding the workplace such as employment law, health and safety, hygiene, fire prevention, etc.
· To be responsible, whilst liaising with the Manager, for your development.
· Must use logic and reasoning to identify solutions and alternatives for a successful outcome. Must verify the information by compiling, coding and calculating data.
· Must speak and write with excellent command of the English language including proper spelling and grammar.
· Must work overtime when needed and assist with the workload of others
· Must know or quickly learn general accounting and mathematical skills. Must correctly operate various mechanical devices such as POS systems.
· Must recognize a problem when it arises and be able to resolve it appropriately by using good judgment, tact and initiative according to company policy and procedure.
· Must perform physical activities in a variety of environmental conditions that require moderate strength including climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, and handling materials. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
· Must understand products and services and understand customer needs clearly.
· Must adapt to different personalities of guests and coworkers without losing focus. Extreme familiarity or conflicts with coworkers often weaken a team-oriented work environment.
· Must clearly communicate in a professional manner with guests, co-workers, and Management. They must understand instructions, read written company memorandums, and communicate when he or she needs more direction.
· Must consistently be able to assess, anticipate and meet guests’ needs and respond quickly without losing focus or projecting a mood that detracts from guests’ dining experience. This requires practical knowledge of industry customer service standards.
· Should ideally have a diploma / degree in hospitality or a vocational training in food & beverage
· Previous experiences as a Waiter / Waitress in a high-volume restaurant
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Job Type: Full-time
A good host or hostess will ensure that their guests have a positive experience by making them feel respected, cared for, and welcomed. They immediately produce an atmosphere that is kind and inviting for customers the instant that they step foot into the business. In most cases, hosts and hostesses are the ones to hand out menus, take down guests’ names for reservations, and answer the phone.
When a customer enters a restaurant, the first person who greets them and makes sure they are comfortable is called the host or hostess. A few of the responsibilities include monitoring the reservation book and presenting customers with meals and drinks after they have taken their seats. Other responsibilities include ensuring that tables are clean and ready for visitors to sit at, continuously monitoring dining activities, checking menus to ensure they are not soiled, and aiding servers as required.
A warm, welcoming, and approachable demeanour is one of the most important qualities of a good host or hostess. They are able to work well with others, are excellent communicators, and maintain their composure even while dealing with irate customers. To correctly maintain seating charts and seat customers in the order of their arrival or according to appointments, they need to have a high level of organisation. A competent host or hostess is someone who is familiar with the flow of traffic, possesses remarkable abilities in time management, and provides excellent service to customers.
When a guest enters a restaurant, they are greeted by a host or hostess who introduces them to the rest of the personnel, including wait staff, bartenders, and busboys.
Wait for A Second. Your Direct Link Is Being Generated After seconds. During this seconds of waiting, our Artificial Intelligent HR System searching for proper job application link for you. You can click on link after this countdown. Thank you for your patience and understanding.