We are looking to fill the Lifeguard Cum Pool Maintenance position at our aquatic facility with a vigilant individual interested in joining our team. The lifeguard is responsible for informing customers about safety rules, preventing potentially hazardous situations, and enforcing showers and appropriate attire policies. By inspecting swimming pool areas, locker rooms, and restrooms, you will play a significant part in preserving the facility’s sense of order and cleanliness. You are responsible for the upkeep of the pool equipment and the monitoring and recording of the pool’s temperatures.
You need to be able to assess the circumstances quickly and make sound judgments concerning the protection of swimmers if you want to be successful. The best candidates have strong communication skills, are quick, and prioritize safety.
Job Category Golf, Fitness, & Entertainment
Location The St. Regis Marsa Arabia Island The Pearl Qatar, The St. Regis Residence, Doha, Qatar, Qatar
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Use appropriate rescue techniques if observing swimmers in need of assistance. Observe the swimming area for dangerous conditions, unusual or unsafe activities, and struggling swimmers. Promote the rules and regulations of the recreation facility. Be aware of possible situations where guests cannot participate in an activity safely and inform the supervisor/manager. Assist injured guests until the arrival of emergency medical services. Promote a fun and relaxing atmosphere for guests. Obtain, fold, and stack towels according to company procedures. Wash, mop, and clean the pool deck.
Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to the manager; complete safety training and certifications. Follow company policies and procedures; maintain the confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; anticipate and address guest’s service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects). Move at the speed required to respond to work situations (e.g., run, walk, jog). Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period or an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and objects weighing more than 75 pounds with assistance. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces and up and down ladders, stairs, and service ramps. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
What responsibilities does a lifeguard have to uphold?
- Provide services that are not only professional but also personable and interesting.
- Welcome visitors to the swimming pool complex.
- Ensure that the guest area, which includes the changing rooms for both men and women and the outdoor and indoor areas, is spotless and organized.
- Ensure the guest is aware of the many services and activities offered in the pool.
- Before you let guests in, check that the pool workers have already given it a thorough inspection.
- Ensure that the guests are aware of any rules that pertain to the facility.
- Keep up the high level of satisfaction provided to customers.
- Observe all of the department’s policies and operating procedures.
- Observe all of the policies on safety and sanitation.
- Ensure the equipment that could save lives is in place and in good operating order.
- Water treatment must be performed consistently.
- Please relay any remarks made by guests to the manager.
- Always stay up to date on your First Aid and CPR training.
- Keep an eye on the children while they are swimming.
- Keep a keen eye on the well-being of the guests.
- Maintain compliance with the laws governing occupational health and safety.
- Be knowledgeable about the safety of the property and first aid.
- Be knowledgeable about fire and emergency protocols, and always operate machinery safely and sensibly.
- Take appropriate action about the safety issues, and report your findings to the supervisor.
- Record any accidents and events involving security.
Educational Requirements/Qualifications: (Formal education and professional qualifications and associations)
- Degree or Diploma Experience: (Years required for an acceptable level of performance)
- 5 years in handling large compound/4 star hotel swimming pool and its maintenance
- Good adaptability and ability to accept multi-tasks
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Knowledge of Arabic would be an advantage
- Although the criteria for being a lifeguard may vary from one organization to the next, most companies want the following certification.
Previous training and experience in the role of a Lifeguard
- Required credentials in CPR and first aid include certification.
- Mandatory training and certification as a lifeguard are necessary.
- Capacity for both social interaction and the resolution of issues
- Extremely responsible and dependable.
- The capability of working within a team Capability of concentrating on the requirements of guests while maintaining composure and courtesy at all times
- Communication that is clear and concise
- Physical aspects of Position;
- Throughout the shift, frequent standing and walking; occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, sitting; Occasionally climbing or descending ladders, stairs, and ramps; Frequent sitting and pushing/drawing objects; Frequent standing and walking.
- Develops and implements and maintains practices and to promote a safe working and learning environment.
- Conducts safety inspections and integrates requirements and best practices with results from safety and security inspections and observations.
- Conducts accident investigations.
- Maintains health and safety recordkeeping systems such as inspections, incidents, investigations and action plans.
- Develops and maintains workplace and community activity risk assessments, including travel and events.
- Conducts safety training.
- Maintains NU-Q First Aid trainer certification and coordinates retraining.
- Coordinates with Qatar Foundation groups with responsibilities for safety operations.
- Participates in the Education City Hazard Vulnerability Assessment and Planning (Safety Group)
- Develops, implements, and maintains building access policies and procedures. In the event of an emergency, act as liaison with emergency response personnel with a focus of life safety, incident stabilization, and property preservation.
- Maintains security recordkeeping systems such as inspections, incidents, investigations, and action plans.
- Acts as point of contact for security issues requiring escalation beyond the contracted security guard force.
- Develops and executes training programs to ensure that the contracted guard force maintains a high level of readiness for security and medical events occurring in the NU-Q building.
- Coordinates with Qatar Foundation groups with responsibilities for Security Operations.
- Manages of Clery Crime (Jean Clery Act) Statistics tracking and review.
- Acts in accordance with the Jean Clery Act, as this position is a designated Campus Security Authority.
- Maintains and updates NU-Q community census information with contracted third-party security and medical support services vendor and acts as NUQ focal point for such vendor.
- Conducts community outreach preparedness programs.
- Assists in the preparation and production of the Northwestern Annual Security Report.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the NUQ Resilience Plan, Emergency Evacuation Plan, and other related documentation.
- Plans and coordinates emergency planning and disaster response exercise to prepare personnel to respond effectively to emergencies.
- Prepares after-action plans and assists in the development of plans and procedures based on lessons learned.
- Maintains NU-Q Manual Calling Tree and any supporting systems.
- Conducts Compound Warden Training.
- Maintains the NU-Q Emergency Operations Center and its resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Evidence of safety-related technical qualification e.g. OSAH, IOSH, NEBOSH, NFPA
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety regulations
- 3 years of relevant work experience in the safety profession or one of its specialties
- Experience conducting inspections and audits and preparation of technical reports
- Participation in and leading emergency response
- Maintained recordkeeping systems
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Exhibits positivity, integrity, and responsibility
- Ability to work with people of all ages and diverse constituencies
It is imperative to be aware of lifeguard duties and responsibilities if you are one of the candidates for the lifeguard role. This is because it helps you to pass the interview and obtain the lifeguard certificate. If you are one of the candidates for the lifeguard role, it is imperative to be aware of lifeguard duties and responsibilities.
There are some fundamental differences in roles, responsibilities, regulations, and training between lifeguards and security officers, even though many people have this misconception.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
How to Apply
Submit a resume, a short cover letter, OR a video introduction directly to the Recruiter’s Website
Your cover letter or video should
- introduce yourself
- Share why you want this position
- Share what you hope to gain from the position if hired.
Videos should be no more than 3 minutes and must be shared via a link in the “website, blog, or portfolio” line. Cover letters should be no more than 500 words and must be uploaded as a document. Please note that they are not judging videos based on your video editing skills, and neither videos nor cover letters are preferred. Choose the option that best lets you shine.
Due to the high number of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.