We are a bustling restaurant that is looking to fill the position of the hostess. You will be responsible for greeting guests as soon as they enter the room and directing them to either their table or the waiting area. You will also interact with the customers to ensure that their meals are at the standard expected of them. If you want to be successful in this role, you should be able to manage a very busy shift and be comfortable standing for long periods.
Full Job Description
A luxury hospitality brand for modern travellers, Anantara connects guests to genuine places, people and stories through personal experiences and provides heartfelt hospitality in the world’s most exciting destinations. From pristine islands and tropical beaches to cosmopolitan cities, tranquil deserts and lush jungles, Anantara welcomes guests for journeys rich in discovery.
Banana Island Resort Doha by Anantara is a crescent of golden beaches and overwater villas just off the coast of downtown Doha. Accessible by private catamaran, escape for family adventures, ocean thrills or serene spa bliss.
Enjoy an alcohol-free atmosphere with the little ones as you surf, dive, golf, bowl or cinema. Race across lagoon waters with a host of motorised water sports. Unwind in the Middle East’s only wellness centre in a resort setting, spread across lush botanical gardens.
What to anticipate from the position
- direct work experience in the field of customer service.
- Getting better at time management and organisation skills on the job.
- Gain knowledge on the job about the best procedures that should be followed in the hospitality sector.
- An introduction to the restaurant, catering, and hospitality industries.
At our company, there is now an opening for a host or hostess to become a part of our hospitality team. You will be expected to provide outstanding service to our visitors from the minute they check in until the time they check out, ensuring that they have a memorable stay the entire time. Because of your donation, the ambience and setting that we provide for our consumers will be of a higher quality, which will in turn increase our customer base and our revenues.
Industry Related to Hospitality
This sector of the economy encompasses a wide variety of sub-sectors within the service sector, including, to name just a few examples, hotels, restaurants, transportation, and event organising. It is an industry that is focused on making a profit and is worth multiple billions of dollars. It is directly dependent on the amount of discretionary income people have and the amount of free time they have.
- Reports to the skipper.
- Takes part in all activities delegated by the skipper.
- Takes part in all tasks delegated by the Marine Hostess Supervisor.
- Participates in all emergencies and drills.
- Responds to all emergencies and act as per given duties.
- Reports any unsafe activities to the skipper.
- Provide personal service to all the guests fully aware and following the hotel standards and procedures by developing a high-quality relationship with guests from the moment they arrive.
- Ensure that all guests are greeted and receive a warm welcome.
- Professionally manage any guests’ complaints, if you resolve them to the guests’ satisfaction make sure you hand over it to your supervisor or your manager.
- Ask for supervisor or manager help in a serious case.
- Be aware of all VIPs visiting or staying in the resort (check the daily Discovery every day.)
- Be aware of all hotel facilities, and operating timing, and promote internal activities and events.
- Be updated with the latest administrative, organizational, operational or other changes and news.
- Attend a daily briefing with the front office team to recapitulate the tasks and activities.
- Maintain an atmosphere of high morale and a happy working relationship among the team.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the uniform and the name tag. Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and adhere to the hotel department appearance standard.
- Meet and greets arrival and departure guests and provide necessary assistance.
- Ensure the updated safety and promotional videos are displayed or if unable to play the video, demonstrate the safety instruction at the beginning of the trip.
- Ensure all the guests have been informed by the announcement speech at the beginning and the end of each trip.
- Coordinate with your team to ensure smooth transfer arrangements for guests
- Perform the checklist as required. Ensure that vessels are clean and tidy, and arrange flowers, water, dates, magazines and other amenities required.
- Participate in STCW courses or any other external training required by local or company regulations.
Make your guests feel at home by greeting them cordially and pleasantly.
- Determines the meals and housing requirements of the guests.
- Guests are seated and the seating chart is managed by this person.
- Performs activity monitoring in the restaurant to evaluate seating and dining flow.
- Provides prompt, cordial, and effective responses to enquiries and requests made by guests in a timely way.
- As needed, is responsible for opening and closing procedures.
- Assists other people with side work, such as cleaning, stocking, folding silverware, and so on. This assistance may or may not be limited to these tasks.
- Maintains strong working connections with other members of the team as well as other departments by offering assistance when it is required.
- Excellent guest service skills
- Excellent English skills
- Communication in the Form of Words
- Support for Customers
- Resolving Conflict While Maintaining a High Energy Level in Teamwork
Qualifications including Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- The completion of high school
- Prior restaurant or hotel experience preferred
Posted 7 days ago