Our company is looking to bring on board an energetic Sports & Recreation Manager and you could be the one! At our recreation centre, it will be up to you to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable and risk-free time as part of your responsibilities in this position. The area and the equipment will also need to be cleaned, and you will be responsible for operating the concession stand and keeping track of the inventory.
If you want to be successful as a Sports & Recreation Manager, you need to have excellent abilities in customer service and a sharp eye for detail to prevent any harmful behaviour from occurring. In the end, a top-notch recreational attendant should demonstrate a good knowledge of management methods, in addition to having a pleasant and approachable personality that will put guests at rest.
Sports & Recreation Manager
Marriott International, Inc
Full Job Description
Job Number 22190002
Job Category Golf, Fitness, & Entertainment
Location The Ritz-Carlton Bahrain, Building 173, Road 2803, Manama, Bahrain, Bahrain VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Supports the Director of Recreation in all aspects of the pool and beach areas, including overall maintenance, daily upkeep, cleanliness and the operation of cabana units. Provides and models service behaviour to guests and employees. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize financial performance in areas of responsibility. Position works with direct reports to carry out departmental strategies.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED; 2-year experience in recreation/health club operations or related professional area.
2-year degree from an accredited university in Health Education, Physical Education, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or a related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Recreation Operations
- Supervises and manages employees. Supports day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
- Monitors quality, and standards and meets the expectations of the customers daily.
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Schedules events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
- Provides personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Supports the management of outside vendors including water sports and scuba.
- Orders and manages necessary supplies. Ensures workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
- Manages the children’s program (e.g., coordinates activities, purchases equipment and supplies etc.).
- Manages group activities including sand painting, bonfires, and team-building events.
- Manages pool and beach areas, including overall maintenance, daily upkeep and cleanliness, and the operation of cabana units.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviours.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, and provides guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Participates in the performance appraisal system process, giving feedback when needed.
- Coordinates training activities for employees in the department.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Communicates expectations and performance objectives to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raising questions and/or concerns.
Responsibilities of a Sports & Recreation Manager include:-
- watching over the front desk or the welcome area to make sure that there is a continuous flow of customers coming into and going out of the facility.
- Performing routine cleanings and inspections on the recreational gear to keep it in good working order.
- Planning daily activities for customers, such as arts and crafts, games, and special events, is an important part of running a successful business.
- Keeping track of the supplies, order requests, and deliveries while also managing the inventory.
- Keeping an eye on the area where food and beverages are sold to make sure that customers are happy with their purchases.
- Providing information to customers who have inquiries and resolving issues raised by customers promptly following established corporate policies.
- Assisting customers who have unique requirements for them to use the recreational equipment or access or securely leave the area.
- Monitoring the implementation of firm safety procedures and rules, as well as providing aid to customers who require only basic medical care.
Requirements required to be a sports and recreation manager
- A high school diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is required.
- At least one year of experience working as a recreation attendant is required.
- Excellent skills in providing service to customers, as well as the capacity to thrive in a workplace that moves quickly.
- Having a working grasp of the company’s safety regulations and being able to provide basic medical treatment are both required.
- Strong abilities in management and leadership, with an extensive understanding of current best, practices.
- Exceptional talents in the organisation and managing one’s time effectively.
- Working knowledge of inventory management and the process of taking stock.
- a high level of physical stamina and the capacity to stand for protracted amounts of time.
- A level head, a nice manner, and effective skills in mediating a disagreement
Marriott International is an equal-opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At more than 100 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury services the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.