The happiness of executive guests throughout their stay at the hotel is the responsibility of the executive lounge supervisor, who makes sure that inquiries are answered and that advice and information are provided as needed.
As an executive lounge supervisor, you have to ensure that executive guests are satisfied with their stay at the hotel by making sure that their inquiries are answered and that advice and information are provided as needed. Our guests’ initial impressions are influenced by an Executive Lounge Supervisor.
Executive Lounge Supervisor – Wyndham Garden Manama
Full Job Description
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking an Executive Lounge Supervisor, to join our team at Wyndham Garden in Manama, Bahrain.
The Executive Lounge Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Guest Services Manager and Assistant Guest Services Manager while providing attentive, courteous, and efficient service to all guests, before arrival and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field is required.
- College coursework in related fields is helpful.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license for the applicable state.
- Flexible and long hours are sometimes required.
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during the entire shift.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanour at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all levels of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel-required meetings and pieces training.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel-related areas.
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
- Monitor all VIP and special guest requests.
- Review Front Office log and Trace Files daily.
- Fully comprehend and operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Be aware of all rates, packages, and promotions currently underway as listed in the Red Book.
- Be familiar with all in-house groups.
- Be aware of all closed-out and restricted dates.
- Follow and enforce all Wyndham International hotel credit policies.
- Be able to complete and ensure that a proper bucket check, room rate verification report, and housekeeping report have been accurately done and filed.
- Maintain proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that all standards are met, if applicable.
- Establish and maintain good communication and teamwork with fellow employees and other departments within the hotel.
- Assist the G.S.M. in ensuring that employees are following and maintaining standards (i.e., answering phones, callbacks to guests, guest request log).
- Know of and assist in all emergency procedures as required.
- Oversee and ensure that all guests are checked in/out in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
- Be able to perform, complete and ensure that all tasks and duties on the shift checklist are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responsible for issuing house bank.
- Be able to perform all duties of a Guest Services Agent.
- Run room status reports promptly and relays necessary information to affected departments and individuals.
- Monitor key control to maintain hotel security.
- Ensure the maximization of room revenue through Rooms Merchandising.
- Answer all guest inquiries in a timely and professional nature.
- Be involved in departmental meetings, planning and execution.
- Help maintain productivity levels at or above budgeted standards.
- Assist in training and cross-training new hires and current employees regularly.
What we expect from you:
You will play an important part in our mission to make hotel travel possible for all by:
Being responsive, respectful and delivering great experiences to our guests, partners and communities.
Foster an inclusive environment where individuals feel empowered to bring their authentic selves to work and share their diverse perspectives.
Bring your best every day and strive to exceed expectations in all you do.
What you can expect from us:
With Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, you can expect a fulfilling career to include:
Growth opportunities through best-in-class training and career development, leadership training, mentorship opportunities and educational support.
Competitive salary and benefits, flexible work arrangements and exclusive team member discounts.
Team member benefit programs that focus on nutrition, exercise, lifestyle management, physical and emotional wellness, financial health, and the quality of the environment in which all team members work and live.
Company culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our culture infuses different perspectives that reflect our diverse guests and communities around the world.
About Wyndham Hotels & Resorts:
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveller. Every day, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. With more hotels than anyone else across the globe, we offer the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world. So wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.